Carlton Drives & Patios
Our hassle-free pattern imprinted concrete process is designed to provide customers with minimum disruption. It produces a weed-free and stain-resistant finished surface so there’s never any need to ever worry about fading colours or contamination from dirt, oil or similar substances. Imprinted concrete is low-maintenance and will sink to become uneven. One of the most attractive benefits of pattern imprinted concrete is its lifespan. An initial outlay should see the concrete last for 20 years as long as it is properly maintained. It is worth noting that installation is definitely a long term investment and any design or pattern should be able to stand the test of time. A transparent sealing coat will be applied after the completion of the slab and this will have to be re-applied periodically depending on use. For a driveway this will be more frequently than a garden patio for example.
Installing pattern imprinted concrete has many benefits. This technique is growing in popularity with homeowners and businesses, who want a decorative and professional finish to their exterior floor surface but do not want common problems such as weed growth, staining and sinking.
- One of the key benefits is the diversity of the patterns and options that are available. The finishes on offer can range from a simple gravel or slate effect, to intricate circular designs which use different colours and effects. Of course it goes without saying that the more complicated the design, the higher the cost will be for the installation, but some level of customisation will be available even with the most basic of designs. When choosing a contractor to carry out the work, remember that this is a specialist operation, and cannot be undertaken by contractors with little or no experience.
- Another key benefit is that pattern imprinted concrete is more or less impermeable. The two most frustrating factors of a traditional paved drive are the weeds that grow through the joints and the water that washes away the bedding material and creates wonky or rocking slabs. With a solid surface these two problems simply vanish making maintenance of the pattern imprinted concrete incredibly simple.
- The surface can be strengthened to have a high weight tolerance.
- The concrete surface area eliminates the possibility of weed growth meaning less maintenance and an overall longer lifespan.
- Dirt, oil and stains can be easily washed away on your driveway, without special equipment or chemicals.
There are many benefits to be gained by using pattern imprinted concrete. This technique is becoming more and more popular with people who want a decorative and professional finish to their external hard standings such as drive ways or garden patios, but who do not want the problems that are usually associated with these such as weeds, movement, stains and cracks or chips. Both in the commercial and private sector demand is increasing and it’s easy to see why; rather than individual elements, a monolithic concrete slab is laid.